Christmas is long passed, and the New Year is getting old. What do you have planned to start things right?
One of the books that has left a mark on my life, ministry, and friendships was introduced to me by my dad many years ago. I have seen the outline put to work in many circles and shape people’s approach to other people. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie is sometimes used as a comical reference, but that is partly because of its widespread impact throughout the world, in business and in personal life. Quoted and requoted, it has stuck with me, and many others.
So, as a gift to you, I thought I would give you the outline from the book as a way of reflection as the New Year begins! I hope it enriches you as you consider how you help others lead freely:
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to them the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
The upcoming series of blogs will all deal with starting your year off right. Right up to Valentine’s Day, so hopefully you will have a happy and prosperous 2018!